Berry Quinoa Spinach Salad
Berry Quinoa Spinach Salad is a fresh salad with whole grains, healthy fats, and nutrient-dense berries. Perfect for a hot summer day.
Elizabeth | The Plant-Based Catholic
- 4 Cups Spinach
- 1 Cup Cooked Quinoa (about 2/3 cup dry)
- 1 Medium Cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- 1/4 Cup Blackberries
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Almonds
Sweet Dijon Balsamic Dressing
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Date Syrup
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- Cook the quinoa. Rinse the dry quinoa, then add it to a small pot with 1 1/4 cups of water. Bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Make the dressing. In a small bowl, mix the balsamic vinegar, water, dijon mustard, and minced garlic. Set aside.
- To assemble the salads, divide the spinach between two bowls.
- Top with the quinoa and pour on a bit of the dressing. Mix the spinach and quinoa to spread the dressing.
- Add the chopped cucumber, blackberries, blueberries, and almonds. Enjoy!