Classic Plant-Based Ice Cream Sandwiches
Classic Plant-Based Ice Cream Sandwiches are the perfect way to celebrate summer. Chocolate cookies surround smooth and creamy nice cream.
Elizabeth | The Plant-Based Catholic
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/3 Cup Cashew or Almond Butter
- 1/2 Cup Date Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Flaxseeds
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Finely Ground Oat Flour
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 Cup Oat Milk
- 1/3 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
Ice Cream Layer
- 3-5 Frozen Bananas
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 375. Line two square baking pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix the maple syrup, cashew butter, date sugar, ground flaxseeds, and vanilla extract.
- Add in the oat flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in the oat milk until a dough forms. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough in two and press into the pans.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, blend the bananas and vanilla in a food processor or blender. When the cookies are completely cool, spread the frozen banana on top of one of the layers. Remove the other layer from the pan and place on top of the banana layer.
- Place the tray in the freezer and let the banana layer completely freeze, 2-4 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and let thaw slightly. Slice into bars and enjoy!