Fall Veggie Sweet Potato Hash
This Fall Veggie Sweet Potato Hash is a nutritious breakfast of greens, beans, fruits, and carbohydrates! Green apples turn this dish into a delicious fall breakfast.
Elizabeth | The Plant-Based Catholic
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato
- 1 15oz. Can Chickpeas
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, diced
- 1 Bunch Kale, destemmed
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Vegetable Stock, for cooking
- Poke a few holes in the sweet potato using a fork and microwave for 2-3 minutes, until it is slightly soft. You will cook it more in the pan, but this helps to get the cooking process started. If your sweet potato is pretty large, you may need a few more minutes.
- When the sweet potato is cool, slice it into small chunks.
- Add the sweet potato, chickpeas, apple, garlic, cumin, and chili powder to a large pan. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, until the apple is soft and the chickpeas are warmed. Use a splash of vegetable broth to prevent sticking.
- Add the kale and cook a few minutes more to wilt it down.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and enjoy!