Hungarian Paprika Mushrooms
Hungarian Paprika Mushrooms are a plant-based version of the traditional recipe, replacing non-vegan ingredients for a flavorful side dish.
Elizabeth | The Plant-Based Catholic
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice, dry
- 24 Ounces Mushrooms, sliced
- 2-4 Tablespoons Vegetable Broth
- 1 Medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Oat Milk
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh Parsley
- Cook the rice according to the package instructions.
- Add the chopped onion to a large pan along with 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth. Cook over medium heat, until soft. Add more vegetable broth as necessary to prevent sticking.
- Add the mushrooms, paprika, and salt. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are soft.
- Add in the oat milk and bring to a boil. Allow the milk to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and serve with the rice and fresh parsley. Enjoy!