Plant-Based Bourbon Glazed Carrots
Plant-Based Bourbon Glazed Carrots are a sweet, slightly boozy side dish that is full of flavor, yet healthy. They are oil-free and have no refined sugar.
Elizabeth | The Plant-Based Catholic
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Vegetable Broth/Stock
- 2 Pounds Carrots
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Bourbon
- 3 Tablespoons Maple or Date Syrup
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Peel and chop the carrots into your desired shape.
- Heat 1/4 cup of the vegetable broth in a large pan over medium heat. Add the carrots and salt to the pan. Cook for 5-8 minutes, adding more vegetable broth if the carrots start to stick to the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Pour in the bourbon and cook until it is almost evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add the maple or date syrup. Continue to cook and stir until the carrots are almost cooked through.
- When the carrots are almost cooked, turn up the heat and allow the glaze to thicken for about 30 seconds.
- Remove the carrots from the heat. Season with cayenne pepper and ground black pepper. Transfer to serving dish and garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!