Plant-Based Chocolate Almond Torte
Plant-Based Chocolate Almond Torte is rich and fudgy. This decadent dessert is completely plant-based, oil-free, and gluten-free!
Elizabeth | The Plant-Based Catholic
- 2 1/3 Cups Sliced Almonds
- 5 Tablespoons Ground Flax + 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 4 Ounces 100% Cocoa Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 Ounces Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 Cup Date Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Heat the oven to 350. Spread the almonds in an even layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 10-14 minutes, until golden. Stir halfway through. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine the flax and water in a measuring cup or small bowl. Let the mixture sit for at least 5 minutes. When congealed, add the maple syrup and vanilla to the flax eggs.
- After the almonds are out, reduce the oven temperature to 300. Line a 9-inch cake pane with parchment. Lightly mist the parchment with cooking spray.
- Reserve 1/3 cup of the toasted almonds. Process the remaining 2 cups until finely ground, approximately 30 seconds.
- Add the chocolate. Pulse until the chocolate is finely ground, approximately 60 pulses.
- Add the date sugar and salt. Process until well combined.
- With the machine running, pour in the flax mixture. Process until the batter is smooth.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Top with the reserved 1/3 cup of almonds.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, until the center is firm. Let cool 30 minutes on a wire rack. Once cooled, run a knife around the edges. Then invert onto the wire rack. Remove the parchment. Then reinvert onto a plate. Serve warm or room temperature. Enjoy!