Plant-Based Chocolate Fruit Pizza
Plant-Based Chocolate Fruit Pizza is a classic summer dessert with a twist. This fruit pizza is completely gluten-free and sugar-free, oh, and it's chocolate!
Elizabeth | The Plant-Based Catholic
- 1/2 Cup Almond Butter
- 1/3 Cup Date Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Flaxseeds
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Baked & Mashed White Sweet Potato
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Date Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2-4 Tablespoons Non-Dairy Milk
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup Raspberries
- 3-5 Strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond butter, date sugar, applesauce, flaxseed, and vanilla.
- Add in the buckwheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine. The mixture may get a bit tough – use your hands.
- Press the dough into a large circle on the baking sheet. The dough should be about 1/8" thick.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the center of the cookie is baked through. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, make the icing. Add the baked sweet potato, cocoa powder, date syrup, and lemon juice to a food processor. Blend until smooth, adding the non-dairy milk as needed for creaminess.
- When the cookie is cool, spread the frosting on the cookie.
- Top with the berries and enjoy!