Plant-Based Hungarian Mushroom Soup
Plant-Based Hungarian Mushroom Soup is rich, with deep flavor. This oil-free, vegan soup is light yet creamy.
Elizabeth | The Plant-Based Catholic
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Broth
- 2 Cups Chopped Red Onions
- 16 Ounces Crimini Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Teaspoons Freeze Dried Dill
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Mushroom Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Liquid Aminos
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 3 Tablespoons Oat Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Freeze Dried Salad Dressing Blend
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Block Firm Tofu, blended into a puree
- Saute the onions over medium heat for 5 minutes, using the 1/4 cup of vegetable broth as cooking liquid. Add the mushrooms and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the dill, paprikas, mushroom powder, liquid aminos, and 2 cups of vegetable broth. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add the almond milk and oat flour. Stir well. Then cover and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Stir in the freeze dried salad dressing blend, salt, lemon juice, and pureed tofu. Allow the mixture to heat through for another couple minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Top with salt, pepper, and additional freeze dried salad dressing blend. Enjoy!