Pumpkin Sage Risotto
Pumpkin Sage Risotto is a fall-themed showstopper that's naturally vegan and gluten-free. It's a delicious meal, perfect for cold fall nights.
Elizabeth | The Plant-Based Catholic
- 6 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 15-ounce Can Pumpkin
- 2 Shallots, sliced
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine - like pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc
- 1 1/2 Cups Arborio Rice
- 16 Ounces Mushrooms
- 1/4 Ounce Sage, plus more for topping
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Heat broth and pumpkin on low. Keep warm throughout the process.
- Add 1 tablespoon vegetable broth to skillet, and stir in the shallots. Cook 1 minute. Add rice, stirring to coat, about 2 minutes. When the rice has taken on a pale, golden color, pour in wine, stirring constantly until the wine is fully absorbed.
- Add 1/2 cup broth to the rice, and stir until the broth is absorbed. Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a separate pan cook the mushrooms and sage. Sauté the mushrooms and sage using a bit of the vegetable broth mixture for about 5 minutes, until the mushrooms are soft.
- Remove the rice from heat, and stir in mushrooms. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into bowls, top with additional sage, and enjoy.