This Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Tempeh Soup is rich and decadent - creamy peanut butter and soft sweet potatoes create a silky smooth fall soup that is so satisfying. Add tempeh for some plant-based protein and a balanced meal.
- In a large pot sauté the onion and garlic over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, until soft. Use a splash of vegetable broth if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Add the sweet potato, coconut milk, and broth to the pot. Bring to boil. Cook 10 minutes, until the sweet potato starts to soften.
- Add remaining ingredients, except tempeh. Cook 5 minutes, until the mixture is warmed through.
- Blend using an immersion blender or a food processor.
- Return to the pot and stir in the tempeh. Cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Spoon into bowls, top with peanuts and enjoy!
This recipe was adapted from a Pumpkin Soup by Ambitious Kitchen.