Vegan Maple Snickerdoodles
Vegan Maple Snickerdoodles are a twist on the classic snickerdoodle cookie with the addition of maple syrup! Chewy yet crisp, these cookies are a delicious holiday treat.
Elizabeth | The Plant-Based Catholic
- 1/2 Cup Cashew Butter
- 2/3 Cup Date Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Maple Extract
- 1 Flax Egg
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 2/3 Cups Oat Flour
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 1 Tablespoon Date Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make a flax egg. Combine one tablespoon of flax egg with two tablespoons of water. Let the mixture sit in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the cashew butter, date sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, maple extract, and flax egg.
- Add the baking soda, lemon juice, cinnamon, salt, and oat flour. Stir until completely combined.
- Mix the extra date sugar and cinnamon.
- Scoop the mixture into tablespoon-sized balls. Roll each ball into the cinnamon-sugar mixture, then flatten.
- Bake for 13 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes. Enjoy!