Vegan Mushroom Tempeh Fajitas
Vegan Mushroom Tempeh Fajitas are filled with flavorful spices and colorful vegetables. These fajitas are the perfect meatless dinner recipe!
Elizabeth | The Plant-Based Catholic
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Broth
- 1/4 Cup Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin, divided
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne, divided
- 1 8-Ounce Block Tempeh
- 3 Medium Bell Peppers
- 2 Portobello Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Corn
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Corn Tortillas, Cilantro, and Jalapenos
- In a medium bowl, mix the vegetable broth, lime juice, 2 teaspoons cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne.
- Slice the tempeh into thin strips. Arrange the strips in a container and pour the vegetable broth marinade over the tempeh. Let sit at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the Portobello mushrooms and bell peppers into strips.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Reserve at least 1/2 cup of the tempeh marinade. Add the tempeh to the skillet and cook, using the marinade liquid if necessary to prevent sticking. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, peppers, frozen corn, the remaining teaspoon of cumin, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne, and all additional spices. Cook until the mushrooms and peppers are soft and the corn is completely warmed through.
- Portion into corn tortillas. Sprinkle with cilantro and jalapeno, if desired. Enjoy!